distraction[s]

So the title of this beat/soundscape is distraction[s] and it's mainly a sample of Fela Kuti an afrobeats legend with another sample of Kwame Nkrumah, Ghana's first President.  What I mainly wanted with this beat was to kinda show my influences in music and life so I basically sampled bits and pieces of sounds and messages that resonate with me thus the chosen samples. I tried getting a traditional Ghanaian rhythm with the shaker whilst maintaining my hiphop influences with my kicks/808s sequencing and sampling technique. All this coupled with the message of the sample is supposed to give the image of a New Age African. Something not really represented in the media but has a voice of its own regardless.

Also my cover art is politically-themed:  the red green, and black are the of the previous gov that was in power and pretty much effed up the country. Everything is meant to distract us but we see.
Here's the link to the beat.

Comments

  1. I think the production is spot on here. The samples are well chopped and you really got your point across!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts